Capital Pride Parade
The Pride Parade returns with the community coming together loudly and proudly. Over 200 groups, more than 10,000 marchers plus this year’s Grand Marshal and Honoured Group who will lead the parade.
This year’s Parade will start at Elgin Street and Somerset Street.
The parade will south Elgin Street, west on Gladstone Avenue and north on Kent Street.
The Parade will end at Kent Street and Laurier Street. All marching groups will exit the parade east on Laurier Street. All vehicles will exit the parade by heading north along Kent Street.
An Accessible Viewing area will be set-up at Elgin Street and Lisgar Street. The space will include a shaded tent area, space for wheelchair users and chairs. Capital Pride has worked with OC Transpo to designate a pick-up and drop-off spot near the Accessible Viewing Area on Metcalfe Street. For further information about accessibility please contact email@example.com.
Information for Parade Participants
Registration for the 2023 Pride Parade closed on August 1. The Parade Team will contact all registered groups the week of August 14 to confirm staging times and locations.
Any registration related questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessible Entrances: Lisgar and Elgin
- Accessible Parking/Transportation: The drop off for Para-Transpo is at Lisgar and Metcalfe.
- Accessible Washrooms: The closest accessible washrooms are City Hall.
- ASL Interpretation: N/A
- Designated Seating: There will be two 10×10 tents, at Lisgar and Elgin. Chairs will be available in the area.
- Known Triggers/Warnings: Loud noises, crowds
- Additional Information
- Accessible seating will be available at Lisgar and Elgin Street
- Ear plugs available at info tent
- Individuals needing to take a break can feel free to join the accessibility team at the Info Tent
- If you have any questions or concerns in relation to accessibility please visit us at the Info Tent or email us directly at email@example.com. Email will be monitored during events
- Known limitations:
- Event will take place outdoors. Please consider weather conditions.
- Only available parking is street parking.
- Heavy foot traffic is anticipated for this event