2021 Canadian Symposium on Sustainable & Equitable Periods
FPC is hosting The 2021 Canadian Symposium on Sustainable and Equitable Periods! This virtual event will be held on September 18th, 2021 from 10 am-2 pm. Registration is required and the zoom link will be sent to your email upon registration. This event will feature the following segments:
- Opening remarks and presentation on Reusable Menstrual Supplies research findings
- Workshop one – Using Social Media & Marketing to Amplify Menstrual Equity Advocacy (host: Rachel Ettinger – founder of Here for Her)
- Workshop two – Making Menstrual Movements Gender-Inclusive (host: A.J. Lowik – Trans Activist, Ph.D. candidate, inclusion consultant)
- Networking session featuring businesses and organizations working with sustainability in menstruation
- Panelist segment featuring various speakers in the policy change and youth involvement space (panel: Nadine Nakagawa, Nikki Hill, Jana Girdauskas)
Please indicate in the registration form which portions of the event you will be able to attend. The workshops will be happening simultaneously so you can choose one to attend out of the two options. We look forward to seeing you there!