Policy Matters: Youth Training Series
The Ontario Council for International Cooperation is proud to announce the launch of Policy Matters, a free, virtual series that invites participation from diverse youth with interest and experience in policy making, public policy issues, and youth engagement. This five-part training series will support young people in recognizing the value and insight they can bring to policy and advocacy spaces, build skills relevant to the international cooperation sector, and provide opportunities to seek out networks, support, and funding to take action on these issues in their local communities.
In order to connect theory and capacity-building to action, youth are invited to take part in the following free events:
- ‘Policy Matters: Activating Youth Delegations’ – June 18 from 4:00 – 5:00PM ET presented by the British Colombia Council for International Cooperation and Young Diplomats of Canada
- ‘Policy Matters: Policy Advocacy Tools’ – June 24 from 2:00 – 5:00PM ET presented by the Inter-Council Network, The Youth Policy Advocates’ Policy Corner, and Youth Climate Lab
- ‘Policy Matters: Grassroots Mobilization in the Digital Age’ – June 29 from 6:00 – 7:00 PM ET presented by Results Canada
- ‘Policy Matters: Hackathon’ – July 10 & 11 from 1:00 – 4:00 PM ET presented in partnership with the Canadian Council for Young Feminists
- ‘Policy Matters: From Passion to Action’ – July 17 from 1:00 – 2:30 PM ET presented by TakingITGlobal’s #RisingYouth program